Chemo & Some After Affects

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 0 replies
  • 9 subscribers

My journey began almost a year ago when I began having issues with what I thought was a bladder infection. After returning to my primary care physician for the third time in a month with the growing pain, she ordered a CT scan, which revealed stage 3b ovarian cancer.

The shock of hearing “Cancer” in my life lasted a short time because I was determined to jump onboard with my care team and move past the surgery and treatment, not looking back. I immediately felt God’s protection around me and my family and friends surrounded me with love and support like never before. I felt nothing but positive and so, so blessed.

My chemo treatment (Carbo/Taxel) began in January and ended in April. My most recent CT and bloodwork results are near perfect! Again, I am so very, very grateful and truly blessed.

Now, the work begins. The side effects of chemo have left me with neuropathy in my hands and feet and show no signs of letting up. I have become quite agitated and Irritable at times and, according to some of my co-workers, forgetful. I do notice that I’m processing and moving somewhat slower. I have to admit, that is all disappointing to me. I am seeking counseling for guidance and help with getting myself back on track and have an appointment on 9/12. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers...I’m just not 100% myself these days.