Chemo

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 0 replies
  • 9 subscribers

well im going thru it right now - first first i go a port inserted - surgery- so scary but so easy- go to sleep wake up done no pain - i had four bumps by my nose and eye and swollen eye ball - and saw double - first day 6.5 hours of chemo - sitting in chair not bad - long but not bad - then home with a drip box for four days - you must drink water that does not taste good - taste is going bad and dry mouth - a must is the salt and baking soda in the bathroom so when you you must every time - takes the bad taste out - i also use life savers, gummy bears and lunden cherry to keep dry mouth away - 6 thru 9 days are tough but rest alot - nothing taste good - then things start getting better -10 thru 14 day - 3,5 bumps gone and not swollen - its working - yea - i still see double but i see improvement- yea. - second session - im starting to fell good tell doctor for 4 extra days before 2nd session - for my body to get - wow so happy now - second session- 6.5 hours in chair getting treament - I bring sandwich and 4 life savers (you know the little candy) - to take bad taste out - go home with drip box for four days - starting tingling on tip of tongue and lose taste buds - 6 thru 9 day hard but force to drink lots of water and little meals - chicken And veggies - all breads taste bad so i give up on that - 1 then i get 9 days off and tingly goes away and taste is coming back - oh I forgot got a itchy rash - use cortizone 1% and a cold ice pack - for real itchy times goes right away til the rub kicks in -  last week in second session taste is 75% back and gained 10 pounds back of the 30 pounds lost - feel really good - eating good and drinking lots of water, good oj and gatorade. Oh during the time i eat pop cycle sticks - one a day oh so good and my water always has ice - third session tomorrow and i got a peanut butter jelly sandwich and muffin and 4 life savers ready - good luck to me - seeing alittle better each day and good luck to you.