I’ve done what I can

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi Guys,

This is just a message to say that my wife’s condition has deteriorated over the weekend and she is now in a hospice for pain management.

It was such a hard thing to admit that I could no longer care for my wife, but I know that her needs are way more than I could offer her, it breaks my heart.

Her pain has got steadily worse, her abdomen has become really hard and expanded, and she was taking more and more oxycodone to knock out the pain.

The doctors at the hospice have said that we are now in the next phase of her care and that she will be getting more and more out of it on pain relief as it gets worse, all my wife wanted whilst there is to be pain free.

So that’s where we are, she has tried to fight her cancer, she’s had radio and chemo, but we were always told that it’s very rare and hard to treat, and that it has a certain path it takes, I just didn’t think that it would happen quite this quickly tbh.

I will try my best to stay strong for our sons and our grandchildren and have got to start to process the next phase of what’s left of her life. SobCryBroken heart

Andy

• Andy, I'm so very sorry to hear where you are right now.

I'm unable to make anything better for you but just want to share this.....my brave Dad fought hard&my lovely Mum cared for him doing everything for him. In sickness and in health and although she wouldn't have had it any other way there does come a point when professional care is needed. My Dad was finally admitted to the hospice on 31st Dec...he passed away at 1.30am 4th Jan. We were all there with him.  Those few days he was there allowed my Mum to be his wife and not his carer&for me&my sister to be his daughters. The relief my Dad felt once he was there was huge....and he really did get the most amazing care from a team of absolute angels. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is you've done a fantastic job on looking after and caring for her.....now let others help you and make the most of this time together. Share memories, tell her how much you love her....leave nothing unsaid.

Sending love and prayers to you all. Xxx

• ((((Andy)))) Just wanted to send a hug and let you know that people are reading and thinking of you. Sending you strength and hoping you have family around you. x