Husband coming home after surgery

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

My husband has recently had surgery to remove a sarcoma from his left inner thigh, just above the knee, the operation went very well and my husband is doing well. I live in a council property and will need some small adaptions, however with all the stress of the diagnosis radiotherapy and surgery I now need to arrange to have some small adaptions done, my husband is resistant to making to many adaptions as he says he will manage, I'm hoping that I might be able to get some help the the council OT services. 

• Hi  

Good to hear your husband has had surgery and is doing well. I wonder if you had considered a needs assessment from your local council as that might help get an independent voice to help highlight things that might help, you can see more about this here.

When my wife got out of hospital the council fitted a new handrail to the staircase and grab rails in the bathroom and also lent us a bed lever and a frame for the toilet so it is possible to get little things that can make a real difference.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks for your reply.