hello - im new here!

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hello 

my husband was diagnosed with bowel and liver cancer last week. The shock is overwhelming.  I’m petrified. He’s now positive and has been comforting me!!! I feel our world has completely changed. My husband is 51 and has no major symptoms of such a devastating condition. 
I’m hoping considering he’s strong, fit and he’s healthy weight we will find a way forward.

we didn’t expect our life to be this! We’ve been together 28years….married 23….how do I focus on positives when it’s all so horrible?

Cx

• Hi  

Many carers find a diagnosis really overwhelming and from what you say of having no symptoms was this picked up as part of the screening programme?

Most people on here note the time between diagnosis and the discussions around a treatment plan really very difficult. It can help to post on here and also talk to others who understand - the phoneline here is really helpful and if you have a Maggies anyway near you I can really recommend dropping in for a chat.

If we look at Your feelings when someone has cancer I know I recognize a lot of what I went through and it took me longer to reach out for some help.

I did a living with less stress course that really helped me, in particular appreciating what we have rather than thinking of a future I could not control but actually could imagine things much worse than actually happened. There can be huge elements that come in to play on anticaptory grief 

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge