Lashing out!

• 1 reply
  • 46 subscribers

My husband is so angry because he is feeling so unwell. The list is getting longer. Starting with the advanced prostate cancer, the botched radiotherapy (targeting the wrong area) which damaged his bowel. To finding out it was actually in his spine and thoracic area. Then bladder cancer and the ongoing treatment for both problems which also makes him ill. Each day he wakes, he feels like he is fighting an uphill struggle against feeling perpetually unwell or in pain with all the side problems that goes with the cancers and the treatments. He lashes out at me all the time. Puts me down, accuses me of having no empathy. Yet i do everything for him. Should I keep a diary? so that when i get accused of not caring/looking after him, i can remind him. I am struggling day to day with the outbursts of anger and accusation then moments of calm, before the next outburst. It such a rollercoaster. Is anybody else feeling as I am?

• Hi  

Sorry you are going through this it does sound incredibly difficult. I wonder if you look at your feelings when someone has cancer it might help you identify some of the feelings you have and that might help you recognize how some of the issues your husband is loading on you might impact you.

Would it help you to talk to someone? You are of course welcome to ring the helpline here 0808 808 0000 but it might also help to use our in your area tool  to find support near to you. My local Maggies centre I find very helpful.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge