Apologies

• 3 replies
  • 47 subscribers

May I apologise for posting without introducing myselt…I am new to the forum and wanted to see if any advice could be given 

I am trying to support my husband following his recent treatment for cancer

i know he needs a nice break after his treatment has ended and whilst waiting for review by Oncologist…he has been fine during treatment ( apart from a few blips ) 

has anyone taken the opportunity to go abroad for e week or so ?   and how did you find any travel insurance assistance

i do apologies for ‘jumping in without introducing myself’ 

• Hi Roz I don’t know which hospital you attend but we just started attending Christie’s in Manchester last week and the lovely nurse there told us about this charity place nearby called Maggies, I’ve looked online and they offer lots of advice about travel here - https://www.maggies.org/cancer-support/managing-practically/travel-and-cancer/

I really want us to spend some time abroad hopefully just before his treatment starts while he’s feeling good, so I’ll be looking for some travel insurance too, I hope you both have a lovely holiday and I wish you both the best

kind regards 

linzi 

• Thank you…he has finished his treatment.  Am now reconsidering bout abroad but will still look into it …hope things go well for you xx

• We used "InsuranceWith" in similar circumstances for a planned trip to Australia. However, last year, after his treatment ended, we just holidayed in the UK. It seemed simpler to us.