helpless

• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

My partner is in the final stages of liver cancer . He sleeps all the time, in so much pain , appetite completely diminished but refuses to see a cancer nurse or a doctor in case they put a driver in or take him into hospital or a hospice. He has told me i need to give up work to look after him but i am not in a position to do so . He has help from one member of his family everyday and as soon as i finish work i am there constantly. It is so abusive when i am with him and i understand this is due to him being frightened and scared. Any advice i just feel so helpless and scared  

• Hi Bonjour welcome to the forum. I am so very sorry to hear what is happening  for you and how this is leaving you feeling. Could you give his GP a call and have a chat and ask them to do a house call when you are at work? I know its not what your partner wants but you need to be mindful of you in this as you are no good to anyone if you become unwell as a result of this. Please dont beat yourself up about not being able to give up work, you need to be practical about this. Is there any way that you can have a chat with your partner and explain things about getting help and how this is leaving you feeling? Please dont lose sight of the fact that you are as important in this as your partner. If you feel talking with someone would be of any benefit then pleas do give the MacMillan Line a call as they are great and can maybe offer some further information for you. 08088080000.  

gail

Community Champion Badge