Husband recently diagnosed with a brain tumor

• 3 replies
  • 45 subscribers

My 76 year old husband was diagnosed just a couple of days ago. At the last consultation, the doctor said that because the tumor is aggressive and large, there's not likely to be a positive outcome if he has surgery. He could come out of it worse off. Also no option for Radiotherapy etc 

The doctor was very blunt. I was breaking my heart and he continued to talk to my husband as if I wasn't there. My husband sat there dazed and confused. All I could hear going around and around in my head was that he might have just two months to live, possibly four.

I was begging the doctor to do something, but he said that other than care in the home to make him more comfortable, there's no other options.

We are still in shock but I can't believe that he has been sent home to die. 

I don't know what I am expecting from this comment but maybe someone has been through similar? Maybe there is something else we can do? 

I'm going out of my mind with worry. Neither of us have really slept in the last few days. We just can't function or think about anything else. 

Please, if anyone has any advice..get in touch as I'm falling apart and I don't know what to do?