Husband

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

My husband had lung cancer

And has to have chemo

Im in part time work and wondered if id be better leaving work to support and care for my husband

Im 61 husband is 59 im under lot pressure my health is also suffering feel like i cant cope anymore but i have to try stay positive for my husband i need help with whats happening 

• Hi  

Sorry to hear about your husband, chemo can be quite demanding though it worth noting that it generally is worse for the cancer than for the rest. 

In terms of your main question I can only say really what happened with me. Mostly I found work something of a relief when things were normal and in my control - though I did end up breaking in the end and ended up signed off work with stress.

I ended up doing a living with less stress course that really helped me quite a lot, a key element was learning to live in the here and now more and appreciate what we have - I was really good at thinking about what might happen and that was often much worse than really happened.

You may find it helpful to look at or even post in our Lung cancer forum  as people there will be more familiar with specific treatments your husband may have and remember if you need you can always ring the helpline too.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge