Struggling

• 3 replies
  • 46 subscribers

My husband has Leukaemia for last 8 years and prior to this had kidney cancer which had been removed. Six weeks ago has been diagnosed with secondary stage 4 cancer that has moved to his left lung and liver! They gave 4 months life expectancy, I keep on thinking about how and when he dies instead of making the most of our time left. I am really struggling with life ..

• Hi  

It sounds very much like you are human having been through so much already. The big news is you have got through everything life has thrown at you so far and most people would find that remarkable. When I talk about our cancer journey some people call me inspirational.

Attending a friends funeral recently the celebrant said that grief is the price we pay for love and that really spoke to me.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you Steve, sorry for not replying earlier. I do think we handle this differently day by day and even hour by hour depending on how we are feeling, I find feeling tired makes me feel like I cannot cope and then another day I can just plod on in my own way. On a positive note I find I am much more compassionate with other people who have or had cancer than before. Take care and a peaceful new year Blush
  • I have similar situation.  We have 3-6 months.  We have children and I can’t help thinking it’s our last Christmas, New Year is also weighing heavy on me.  I’m normally a positive person however I wake up every night with either a nightmare or pain attack.  I know I have to tools to stop this, I use can’t use them.  I feel I’ve lost the plot in private as I have to keep a brave face for the family.