Your own space.

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Does anyone else feel like they have no space of their own in their own home. We’ve moved my partners parents in to care for them. They are both in palliative care and we don’t know how long they have left. We are very fortunate to have the space to be able to do that. But I now have no room to call my own. My father in law is in what used to be our snug/tv room, my mother in law is in what was my partners office (he works from home) so his office is now in our spare bedroom/my hobby room. My son has his own room, my daughter has her own room and I feel stuck in the kitchen at times. Currently everyone in the house is asleep. My partner is asleep on the sofa so I can’t even relax in the living room. I know he needs to catch up on his sleep as he is staying up till 3am at which time I get up as we can’t leave his Dad, he has a tendency to wander in the night! And god knows where he could end up. He used the coat cupboard as a toilet the other night, then the following night woke up his wife thinking her bed was his. So we need to be close to keep an eye on him. But I’m starting to feel like an intruder in my own home as I’ve not got my own space to take myself off to when I need 5 mins. Anyway I’ve waffled on for far too long but feel a little better for just writing it down. Thanks for the space to do that everyone. 

• Hi  

With me at work and my son in school my wife normally had the run of the house in the day - and then lockdown happened and Janice very much felt she had lost a space for her and that is really quite important so I can reflect on her emotions in what your write.

I am glad you feel a bit better by writing on here, it can be amazing how just putting our thoughts down can be helpful and of course your words will resonate with others who may never get over the hurdle of writing it down so thank you for that

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge