Were to go from here ,life is hell

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

My partner has stage 4 prostate cancer I'm 48 and he's he was managing to go upstairs but had a fall 3 weeks ago now resulting he's scared of the stairs now , we have also 2 grown children in a small 3 bedroom house , so all his needs are downstairs including toilet , obviously this is definitely not ideal as they have to stay upstairs we no longer can invite anyone in , this is causing major depression to me , as well as him not bathing having bowl movements in the front room is not great , I feel selfish for saying this but it's like we're not living , were contacted th ot team but never hear from them , I'm also exhausted as a care and working sometime I just want out 

• I'm sorry you are having to go through this. My husband has built duct cancer and I found it really hard to cope so went to or doctors and asked for a referral to both the district nurses and the palliative team. A doctor from the practice came to see us and agreed and within a couple of days we had both the district nurses and palliative nurses turn up.  Don't know if it is the same whete you are but it might be worth a try.  How you get some help soon.  Hugs