Lost

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

I don't know where to start I feel like my brain is ready to explode,

My mum passed a couple of weeks ago at home, I was with her day and night for weeks before but have been caring for her since March and on the morning she passed it was just me and her. The days before no one offered to stay with me over night and keep me company.

And now I'm still alone trying to wade through all the legal stuff and paperwork, no one prepares you for this, I can't grieve because I have the house to clear as well and all her belongings.

My brother and his family just phone and say can I 'take' this or that, not even sentimental things but a slow cooker and a TV.

I mentioned putting all mums things in storage so we had time to go through it but they're more worried about the cost of it.

I need this stage to finish I can't take much more

• Hi  

Sorry to hear about your mum, things do sound very difficult at the moment but I see some positive in that you see this as a stage. It is really quite common and there is quite a lot to do as we can see in the main site here.

It is quite common for people to get so rolled up in the process of getting to the funeral and probate stage that grief gets put aside until all the business has been done. There is of course no "right" answer for grief but if you feel you need to talk to someone please know there are people out there who are very willing to listen.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge