How long

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi,

I am helping my mum look after my 82 yr old dad. He is currently in a lot of pain with Prostate cancer that has spread to most places now. He's quite poorly. But just seems to be up and down. I have just had 1 week off work and back today. People keep telling me to have time off and be with him but how will I know when he's near the end? I feel like I'm just sitting around waiting. I feel useless. It could be months, It could be weeks. 

I am tired with thinking about it and worry about what will happen and how I will cope without him.

Thank you Georgie x

• Has anybody recommended the hospice, they are amazing and will give you some respite, it doesn’t mean that he will never come home, your mum will be tired , you’re tired …you both need a little respite to recharge your batteries, ask the McMillan nurses how you can receive some help , they’ll point you in the right direction x 

• Hi Punchbag, yes he is under a hospice. Ironically I work for the hospice too. But feels so different looking after my dad. X