Total shock

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi everyone, Im not sure if messaging here will make me more sad/scared about what I found out today or whether it’ll be therapeutic. My husband was diagnosed with stage 3 bowel cancer in Jan 23. He had an op and 6 months of “belt and braces” chemo. No sign of cancer in any blood tests, scans or lymph nodes and told he was in remission in august 23. Chemo finished a month ago (September 23) and he immediately started to notice a pain inside him. This pain has got more constant and today we were told that they see something on his liver (radiologist’s report says cancer) but due to MDT meeting being next week we now have 7 days to wait to speak to the oncologist in order to understand what this means and what options there are going forward. I’m just in total shock and absolutely terrified for the future. I know there are so many people here who will understand. Thanks for reading. 

• Hi

So sorry to hear your story and I empathize for having to wait to hear the next steps.  I, too, am terrified for my husband's future. He has multiple myeloma (bone marrow cancer). He was on his last treatment when he got pneumonia & a respiratory infection. He just arrived home after being in hospital for 18 days.  They are keeping his bed available for him which is both a relief and scary. They are doing a MRI scan Sunday & a bone marrow test on Mon. We then have to wait for the results and the multi disciplinary team to meet on the 30th. So I have a wait too. I know our days are numbered but trying to focus on enjoying each day. It isn't easy.

One thing I suggest us asking for help. As well as make sure you do something nice for yourself or have a bath, go for a walk, meet a friend. 

Also calling the Macmillan Cancer support has helped me too. They are available 8am to 8pm every day 080 880 80000.  

Sending best wishes and support.

Sand X 

• Thank you so much for your kind reply Sand and I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through. Cancer is so cruel and unfair. X