Hospital visit tomorrow

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hi everyone,

my grandma brought me up and we are each others only alive family. She has been diagnosed with incurable bone cancer. She’s in agony and it’s unbearable to watch. She’s now on morphine but it’s not doing anything. 

tomrorow we have scans for her to try to find the primary cancer. I’m so scared that she’s not going to have long left because of the level of pain she’s in. I really want to find some support but I don’t know where to go. I’m just heart broken. 

is there anything I can ask the hospital tomorrow about any additional help or anything else we should know? She has radiotherapy next week but I’ve heard it can make the symptoms worse 

• Hi Tib1 welcome to the forum and I am so very sorry to hear what is happening for you and your grandma. I hope that you would feel able to pick up the phone and give the MacMillan Line a call in the am they are open from 8am as they have lovely folks who can support you both and maybe offer information about what services may be needed as well as  how and where to access these. Its just with going for a scan you may not be able to get speaking to someone who may be able to answer your queries. Your grans GP should be able to help as well if they are asked so may be worth a  call to them as well. 08088080000 MacMillan Line number.

I think they give Radiotherapy to help with pain management but maybe worth asking about this when you go next week. 

gail

Community Champion Badge