Wish us luck

• 1 reply
  • 46 subscribers

Hi all. 
Wish us luck. My husband is going into hospital on Monday for car T cell therapy. He’s in bed at the moment, feeling quite poorly after 3 days of chemo to prepare his body. He’s taken a reaction and his body is red and blotchy. Also extremely tired. He was diagnosed with diffuse large b cell lymphoma last summer and reacted well to 6 rounds of rchop. Diagnosed cancer free in January-obviously huge relief. After a scan at the time he was diagnosed with PKD-polycystic kidney disease. If you Google it, it’s not a great thing to have.  he was experiencing extreme pain and after taking him to a and e a couple of times, to his cancer doctors surprise the cancer had returned. Seemingly very unusual for it to come back so soon. Very next day, had 3 days of radiotherapy to reduce tumour as was very close to the spine and lung. 
He was found to be a good candidate for car t therapy. He’s been extremely lucky(?) as car t was only granted approval in April for people who had had only one round of treatment. Emotionally? A roller coaster. Reading the posts on here I can empathise and it does help to read them. It is so tiring to be strong all the time. My husband is very stoic and I admire that greatly, but he obviously has his moments and he is hard to live with at times. I have to bite my tongue! Anyway, as I said wish us luck

• Hi  

Really happy to wish you the best of luck. Totally get the idea of a rollercoaster as will just about everyone on here.

That being strong bit - it is easy to write, not so easy to do but I am sure you know which he might appear stoic that is aso easier to be than do.

Talking is really important in getting through this whole process and something I was not always great at.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge