My partner

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi everyone, just after some advice. My partner is suffering from stage 2 cervical cancer.she is currently undergoing chemotherapy.

To cut to the chase.... She has never got on with my family. She has very bad mood swings as a result of her illness and this has recently come to a head with her focussing all her negativity on my mother they have had loads of bad arguments in the past and as a result have nothing to do with each other.

The problem now is she is now demanding I cut my mother out of my life completely and have no contact whatsoever or she will move out of the house and leave me for good.

Much as I love my partner and am trying to support her with her cancer, this is putting me in an impossible situation. She had said it's her or my mum and I have to choose 

• Hi  

Sorry you find yourself in this position, as you have noted if feels impossible. Cancer treatment can often affect moods and in this case seems to be making what was a fairly bad situation worse.

It might be worth thinking about how you are feeling here and of course the impact on your mum and indeed the rest of your family too because it is very important for us as carers to ensure we have the support we need. If it helps might be worth chatting to one of the experts on our phone line here.

<<hiugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi

i read your post, I’m just wondering how your getting on now.

we have similar problems, my mum doesn’t get on with my sister in laws, I know she would love to tell them where to go, but, the pain and problems it would cause would not really solve the problem, she did do it once to one sister in law for six years, it didn’t solve anything,, the memories and pain are still there and now my brother holds a lot of bitterness and resentment.

I hope your doing ok.