New

• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

15 months ago my wife was diagnosed with a tumour on a kidney. I say on as it's not in the organ but on the skin so to speak. We have been told as it's so rare there is no treatment. As all can attest I'm sure this blew the family. Initially it all seemed same old, she started chemo but had a bad reaction her mouth filled with ulcers and she couldn't eat. It was decided to stop as well there ain't a cure. Last Nov/December her complexion grew ever more yellow as did eyes her bloods showed huge liver problems and she was placed on palliative by gp. We attended an appointment with her consultant waiting to be told days/weeks left. But the absolutely amazing consultant had looked at scan and seen the cancer had grown but not in the liver. It had strangled the drain from the liver, also strangled her duodenum. She contacted other professionals and instead of days left we were told no guarantees but should be doable with stents. 3 days later her urine started to clear and colour return. Now her energy levels are almost flat but still here and eating tho it's a very restricted diet. Well now it's a waiting game

• Hi  

That does sound really challenging but sounds like good news for the moment.  I know my wife's cancer is also rare and she never wanted a prognosis and I struggled with that.

Some years down the line now we have managed to find a way to live with cancer - the second chemo she had caused her cancer to become stable.

Getting help for me was really helpful though - a living with less stress course really helped me.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge