Beginning of Journey

• 15 replies
  • 49 subscribers

My husband had a colonoscopy on Thursday and they found a 5cm lesion. Now waiting for MRI and CT next week to see what stage it is.

We're both in a state of shock.

I'm absolutely terrified about what's going to happen now.

How do you all cope.

We're both convinced it has spread and there's no hope, but not saying this to each other.

How am I going to do this journey?

• The waiting for scan results  is just horrendous, I don’t sleep. What I find hard is the unknown, my husband is due to start a new treatment… will it work ? Side effects ? ….. have good days then bad days where it just consumes me …

• That’s really good advice.

• Hi, just checking in with you to ask how things are? Hope you are doing ok. x

• Hi, thank you.

Yes just about doing OK. Hubby's had diagnosis of cancer in the rectum, but thankfully we've been told they don't think it's spread. They said it's stage 2. He's booked in for anterior resection on May 10th and we're hopeful of a positive outcome. No chemo yet but might need it later depending on what's found after surgery. We've been told it's a huge operation only 2 other ops bigger than this! Surgery takes between 4 and 7 hours. Hopefully no stoma but might have temporary or even permanent depending on how it goes. 2 to 3 months recovery! Phew! 

Thank you to everyone who has responded on here I'm extremely grateful for all your support.

• That’s good news. I hope everything goes well with the treatments.