New to this group

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

It’s really helped me reading lots of posts on this forum. It feels like I’m not alone in the range of emotions I’ve been feeling recently. My boyfriend of 10 years was diagnosed with stage 3 bowel cancer in January and it’s been a whirlwind since then. So far we’ve had 2 ops (only one planned and both open surgery), 2 infections and many hospital stays. He started chemo yesterday, 1 out of 12 fortnightly sessions.

I’m struggling. I feel I have to be everything to everybody and I’m finding that hard. We don’t have kids but we both have quite stressful jobs. On paper mine have been supportive but in reality they have made snide comments about how I’m “choosing to work when I feel like it”. I will leave once the chemo’s over. Sometimes I cry and if my partner sees, he doesn’t understand. He keeps telling me he doesn’t want my life to be impacted by the cancer. 

anyway, there wasn’t really much I wanted to say other than it’s great to have found a network of other people going through similar things. Thank you for reading