new to the group

• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

Hello thank you for letting me join this group. My ex husband has had lymphoblastic leukaemia for 12 years now and luckily has not had to start treatment up to now. He now has heart failure and has just come out of hospital so living with me at the moment. Got to have aids put up in his home and have carers in. I also carer for our son who has aspergers plus I have my own health problems to contend with. I was also mum's carer for the last 5 years of her life. I never thought I would end up being a carer for 2 people again. Being able to confide in other carers on here I know I am not on my own dealing with all this.

• Hi  

Welcome to our club, my wife has Leiomyosarcoma and my son autism so can relate to some of the issues you mention. Only time we have had carers in was when my wife was recovering from a sepsis incident and that was even before her cancer diagnosis.

You are right about the feeling of loneliness and it is so funny how we can feel so close to people we just type at. There was a good blog on this issue we can read here.Cancer is not always the best subject for a coffee break after all.

Do post whenever, someone is always listening.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge