Crumbling and exhausted

• 3 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi I am new to this group: I am sole carer to a husband with bladder cancer and other issues including diabetes, insomnia and feeling poorly and depressed most of the time. My fiercely independent 92 year old mum who lives 500 miles away is becoming increasingly immobile depressed and angry and I am the only person she can 'vent'to - every day for over an hour and sometimes several times a day: I have a couple of friends going through really difficult times who also depend on me for support : I just had cataract surgery and there are complications that make driving inadvisable and my work ( I am a proofreader) very difficult an essential source of income: my only source of comfort, my old dog is deaf and now needs cataract surgery too and a difficult decision may be immanent: so I am physically drained and tired from lack of sleep and becoming emotionally fragile which I really can't afford when so many people are depending on me. I just need someone occasionally to say " hey Su500 you are doing the best you can, and it's ok!' Sorry to dump my problems because I am sure that there's many people way worse than me.

• Hi Su500

I read this and just wanted to reach out and say you are heard. Its tough being everyone's everything. Especially if you feel u don't have the same. You definitely are doing the best u can. No one can ask for more. If u can do some self care if you're able to get a break, maybe something u like doing, find relaxing or even an hour of quiet time for u with a coffee or a gin!

I've been where u are and our battle came to an end recently and now I'm not needed feel utterly lost.

1. Good luck to you and take care
  • Thank you this is so warming- it really helps to know that there's a possibility of pulling through to some sort of conclusion. I am so sorry you feel kinda lost and empty, I feel humble realising that you are as much in need of some warm support as I am, if not more, and this is such an important realisation for me. Sending hugs! I hope you find a gentle purpose soon.

• Thank you. Hope you can find some peace too. All best and keep reaching out.