In limbo

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Well, we have had what was supposed to be a simple bowel operation, caught in time.  Then chemo, that was a surprise. Then it had spread to his pancreas, then to his rectum, but we had hope with new technology operations using cryotherapy.  Now the pancreas seems to be clear but there are two nodules on the lung.  We are now into the last chemotherapy treatment next week and waiting on the CAT scan to see what the next step is.  I can only stand by and watch but my energy and strength are waning and I can do nothing but wait and hope and I am really not coping well any more.

• HI Toyo

Oh I hear you. It just feels like one thing after the other, doesn't it, without any let up?

I wish there was something I could say that made it all better but sadly there isn't. We just need to keep taking it one step at a time.

My husband has a stage 4 brain tumour - well 2 of them now- and we .are in total limbo. No timeframe. No guidance as to what is now a symptom to be worried about. His latest MRI was yesterday and now we wait two long weeks to hear what they say next.

I can honestly say I've never felt more useless than I have over the past two years or so since his diagnosis. All you can do is watch and wait and that is so hard. It really does sap your energy emotionally and physically.

On the tougher days I try to break the day down into manageable chunks. I play mind games with myself - if I can get to lunchtime, I'll be fine. If I can get to 4pm I'll be fine, That kind of thing. Some days it works better than others.

This forum is a really safe and supportive space and it has personally kept me going many times. There's always someone around to listen who gets it. Someone to hold your hand and to offer that virtual hug when its needed. You're not alone.

It’s always good to talk so please remember that you can also call the Macmillan Support Services on 0808 808 00 00 - most services are open 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week Clicking here to see what is available. This service provides lots of cancer information, emotional support, benefit and financial guidance or just a listening ear.

For now I'm sending you a huge virtual hug. Stay strong. Hang in there and remember to breathe.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm