Can anyone relate- Feel lost

• 4 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I am currently looking after my mum who has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer. She has a small node on her lung and tumours on her brain. I am reading all the forms on here and feel so lost. Is that it have I lost my mum? We get the call tomorrow from her consultant to explain next steps etc. I am so worried we have got this to late and we have lost her.

Has anyone had a similar situation? Where there is hopefully good news.

• Hi Hope, I am in the similar situation as you. I feel completely lost and empty all the time and have a constant pain in my heart whenever I think of what could potentially happen. You sound as if you are in the very early stages of diagnosis therefore you really don't know anything yet so try your best to stay calm and do not take yourself to the worst place. These are very possibly treatable tumours, just wait to see what the consultant says. If you ever need anything, please reach out. 

• Hi Hope1999. I am in a similar position to you - Mum just diagnosed with lung cancer. How are you today and have you had any news ? 

• Hello. Thank you so much. X

• I am so sorry to hear. It is such a worrying time, isn't it. Sadly it has been a very long waiting game with my mum. Still waiting on a consultant calling her but no time frame was given x 

I hope you are doing okay. Hard news to digest x