SCARED AND OVERWHELMED

• 14 replies
  • 45 subscribers

My amazing mum has survived 2 years with a stage 4 ovarian cancer at age 86 - she is now starting to get weak and having some pain but is still coming out with me for days - next appointment in 2 weeks but there is nothing more they can do - How do i cope with these terrifying feelings of fear - i m strong for her but struggle when i m alone 

anyone else feeling the same 

thanks

• i m just home, did you get maggies ?

xxx

• Hi 

Sorry, for some reason I didn't get a notification of your last message.

Yes, I did thanks. I've got an appointment to go in & see them this afternoon.

How are you & your mum today?

xxxx

• thats great, will you let me know when you ve been.  We are ok trying the one day at a time approach.  How are you and your mum ?

I tried to message you privately but couldnt work it out I ll try later x

Hope it goes well

xx

• Glad to hear you're doing ok. Yes one day at a time. Ah ok, I've never tried private message on here but can maybe try later.

We're doing ok thanks. Very sleepless night initially, thought at one point that neither of us would sleep at all. It was mostly mum not being able to get comfortable or reposition herself when she needed to. However she took a sleeping pill at 1am & managed to go to the loo at 3:45am so managed to sleep after that for a few hours.

Thanks, yes will let you know how it goes Slight smile

xxxx