my wife's cancer has spread to her brain

• 1 reply
  • 46 subscribers

my wife has been suffering with breast cancer for over 16 years. It came back in her ovaries a few years ago and then 18 months ago it came back in her bones and then 2 weeks ago, after a few weeks of migraines, we found out that it has now spread to her brain. She will now start two weeks of radiotherapy and lose her hair again. My main worry alongside supporting my wife is building a support network around my 17 year old daughter.

• Hi

Sorry to read about what your wife and indeed your family are going through. Really glad you notice the impact on your daughter but also you too as often that is not picked up so much by the NHS.

Posting on here is great for many but often talking to someone (our phone line is just one example) is what people need most but for many face to face is best and for that our "in your area" tool can be very helpful. I know our local Maggies has been very supportive of both me and our son (who is 18 now but knows local hospitals almost as well as most of the doctors).

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge