New to this

• 2 replies
  • 47 subscribers

My husband was diagnosed in March with bowel cancer with secondaries in his lungs. His results from CT scan last week are really  encouraging and we are both pleased about that obviously. 
I’m just reaching out for some support to manage the feelings that caring for someone with cancer brings. It sometimes feels that I’m living with a completely different person which I know is down to the brutal treatment. I haven’t spoken to anyone about it really as I feel selfish for moaning. I think others on here may understand as it’s that kind of lived experience. I cared for my late son but that felt very different as he was diagnosed with a degenerative condition when he was two so the changes and loss were expected I guess. Anyway I’m looking forward to connecting with others here, thanks 

• Hello

encouraging news is always good to hear, being a career is not always easy, but the love for each other hopefully gives us the strength we need. We are all here for you

take care

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• This is a good place to come for support. So many on here know exactly what it is like, both practically and emotionally, to be caring for someone you love when they have cancer. The tough thing for all carers, and until you are one you don't realise, is that you are not just doing the practical work of caring for someone's illness (like a nurse does). You also love that person, so every hurt to them is a hurt to you too. So you need support for the emotional as well as the practical burden. This place will give you the emotional support in spades. Good luck to you and your husband and (I know this might seem difficult in the circumstances) enjoy each day you spend together. Even with cancer, the love you have for each other is precious.