Is it getting near the end?

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hubby diagnosed with rare and aggressive salivary duct carcinoma in March 2022. Prognosis poor and put on palliative radiotherapy and hormonal treatment, which they hoped would give him a year if it was successful .  Radiotherapy finished at end of May and after a few extremely painful weeks hubby improved for a short while. Over the last few weeks however he has been deteriorating, the pain is pretty much constant again, tired all the time, no appetite  nausea. Not due to have post treatment CT scan until middle of August but I am starting to wonder if he feels so bad because the treatment hasn't worked. He's extremely reluctant to contact Marsden at the moment but I think we should and it is causing arguments between us, which is not what I want if our time left together is limited. I think that he is giving up and it is breaking my heart but if it is coming to the end then I don't want to be trying to force him to do things that he doesn't want to do either. So confused and fragile.

• Hi

So sorry to read about what you have been going through and the issues it has been happening between you both. The gap between treatment and a scan is often one of high anxiety - we even sometimes give it the name scanxiety,

I wonder if if might help you to talk to one of the staff on our helpline here, they may well be able to discuss with you how things are going and give some insight as to if might help to contact the Marsden - even if just for better pain relief.

I always know when my wife is really ill - she actually wants to go to the hospital!

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge