Our local Hospice

• 5 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi all

I haven’t posted here many times but have made a couple of new friends already.

Sadly my wife passed yesterday morning after a very short battle with cancer.

This has to be one of the cruelest diseases. She just 57 and was still nursing after 38 years caring for others and putting them first, then it hit us.

3 months after being told she passed. I have no words for how I feel at the moment.

”Fortunately” for the last month she was in our local hospice where she had with work with or they had worked for her over the years. I can not say just how good they have been and they certainly made a very difficult journey a little easier.

I moved in for her last week and they allowed me to help with her personal care and we were together holding hands until the end.

Fortunately I have our sons there for me but the thought of her not being there is tearing me apart.

• Hi

There are no words really at a time like this but your story sounds like it was in the way of things a fairly positive death. So glad you got the support that worked so well for you both via the hospice.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi all

I haven’t posted here many times but have made a couple of new friends already.

Sadly my wife passed yesterday morning after a very short battle with cancer.

This has to be one of the cruelest diseases. She just 57 and was still nursing after 38 years caring for others and putting them first, then it hit us.

3 months after being told she passed. I have no words for how I feel at the moment.

”Fortunately” for the last month she was in our local hospice where she had with work with or they had worked for her over the years. I can not say just how good they have been and they certainly made a very difficult journey a little easier.

I moved in for her last week and they allowed me to help with her personal care and we were together holding hands until the end.

Fortunately I have our sons there for me but the thought of her not being there is tearing me apart.

• I am so sorry…..I have lost my mum, dad and close friend recently due to this cruel disease and my husband has just been diagnosed with rectal cancer. My current resolution is pharmaceuticals which I know is not a good idea but it’s what gets me thru the day.… I kept remember when I was young and this kind of thing happened to someone else….I cannot think absolutely life without my husband as well even though his anger and frustration at the situation has caused him to be violent. Live is just not fair.

• I am so sorry to have read this. 
    4 months ago I would agree … it happens to someone else. 
    We had no real sign this was coming, we were still making plans, booking holidays etc. 

Iam obviously no expert on this and sorry if I’m repeating others advice but has your husband spoke to anyone professionally about how he feels. 

Take care of yourself.

• I am so sorry to have read this. 
    4 months ago I would agree … it happens to someone else. 
    We had no real sign this was coming, we were still making plans, booking holidays etc. 

Iam obviously no expert on this and sorry if I’m repeating others advice but has your husband spoke to anyone professionally about how he feels. 

Take care of yourself.