Restbite activities

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

My mother had a horrendous time after her first chemo session 3 weeks ago and will finally be discharged from hospital today or tomorrow. Her chemo was postponed till next week and I wanted to take her away for a few days. 

Can anyone recommend any activities appropriate for cancer patients? I contemplated a spa break but she's begun losing her hair and her skin has become sensitive. Due to the heatwave next week a seaside break isn't possible as it'll be too busy.

Her mobility is also quite limited and she's using a walker, she doesn't want to use a scooter as she wants some exercise. 

I've no idea what to do and covid limits our choice. Any recommendations welcome. 

• Hi

Sorry to hear about your mother and can understand how you might want to get away, school holidays of course are going to make things busier almost everywhere until September and of course people do tend to go to the seaside as you say.

One thing you might like to consider is how far your mother can easily travel, it is generally cooler the further north we go. It can also be helpful to consider something close to a city since but many people find a holiday somewhere more rural quite helpful.

We have had a couple of really nice holidays saying in an air bnb accomodation, one in Paris and one in Glasgow. There are lots of companies that do cottage type breaks too where it can feel more like a home from home.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thank you. I'd completely forgotten about the school holidays. I've planned a day trip to Brighton, visits yo a few national trust homes and a trip to longleat. Hopefully we can have an extended holiday before her third round.