What to do now

• 2 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi all looking for some advice. My lovely mum and best friend has just been told she is to weak for anymore chemo, she has been batting primary peritoneal cancer for five years. I do agree that she is to weak we have all been trying to build her up with protein drinks etc but doesn't seem to be working I feel completely numb and can’t imagine life without her I need to be with her for however long she has left  to support her any advice would be appreciated. Best wishes to all 

• Hi

So sorry to read this, though really do like the bit about wanting to make the best of what time you have left, of course none of us really know how long that will be. 

There is quite a bit of information on this page that could be helpful.

While with my parents they did not die from cancer it was really good to have time to share stories and help reflect on a life well lived. Sometimes I feel sorry for those who lose a loved one to a more sudden issue that they did not have that time to reflect.

I went to a friends funeral recently and the celebrant said that grief is the price we pay for love and that really struck a chord with me.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Thanks for your valued reply