What to do to maximize the time we have left

• 2 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi

My husband is 51 and been diagnosed with a terminal brain tumour with an average  time frame of 12-18months. 

He is due to start 6weeks of radiotheraphy and chemo soon.

All I keep thinking is what should we be doing? We should be doing things.....but other than gping for walks, meals, ice-creams etc I cannot really think off much else. He doesn't really say about doing much else and we are happy being at our home. But at a later date I don't want to think "we should of done this or that". Should we do a list? How do I stop regrets?

All advice/ideas much greatly appreciated.

Thank you x

• Ah I can so relate to this. My husband 59 has been diagnosed with a brain tumour no idea of how long as he doesn't want to know but I feel we should be doing more but don't know what. Tbh still in shock I think. 

• HI Sandy5

while I've been supporting my husband through his GBM4 journey for the past 22 months,  I've been led by what he wants to be honest.  We were initially told he had 12-15 months and we're now way beyond that timeframe so who knows how long we have. He's still living life to the best of his ability. As I type he's on his way back from Prague after a weekend away with 3 of his friends. 

I don't think there's any right or wrong way to make the most of life but I've been quite careful that we don't end up making "false memories" just for the sake of memories. Do what feels natural to you both. 

We had a lovely few days in Paris in April. He's planning/hoping to run the London marathon in October so I guess we're having a weekend in London. 

I try to go with the flow as best I can and take each day as it comes.

love n hugs

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm