Loneliness

• 2 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi my husband was diagnosed with leukaemia in 2019 , then covid hit so treatment was put on hold, then he had prostate cancer,  and had treatment for that. A couple of months ago my husband was struggling to breath, so went to docs they sent him to have an x ray ,then a ct scan and the leukaemia has spread really bad and he might have lung cancer,  I'm so angry that it has come to this , and I can't help thinking that if they had started treatment we wouldn't b in this situation now. Treatment still hasn't started, I feel so alone and don't want to show how scared I am , as I got to b strong. 

• Hello Taffvalegirl. I hope your husband gets the treatment he needs soon. I think I understand your state of mind. I was diagnosed on 19th of May, it's now 21st of June and I'm still not on any treatment. Waiting for an appointment with an Oncologist. Meanwhile I fear my cancer is progressing. I try to keep my chin up as best I can and am consoled by the support of my family and partner. 

I hope you can come to terms with what's going on. If I may suggest, try not to let the fear and anger dominate you. Try and focus on the day to day issues. Easier said than done I know. Plod on Taffvalegirl and take the next good step in front of you. I'm guessing by your username that you're Welsh. I'm Scottish. Up the Celts! Love and best wishes to you and your Husband. Erchie.

• Sorry I've only just noticed this is a carers only forum so I Shouldn't really be here. Sorry.