CBD oil

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hello all, my mother had her first round of chemo on Friday. She was given anti sickness via IV and felt okay until Saturday evening when she started experiencing cramps so she took an oxycondone tablet to help with the pain. On Sunday after breakfast and taking her anti sickness tablets she vomited. A couple of hours later after the cramps returned she vomited again. We called the chemo hotline and they suggested she go to A&E to have the antisickness drug via IV. She vomited a total of 6 time on an empty stomach. They also tried buscopan which didn't seem to help. Because she lost do much fluid they kept her in overnight to replenish fluids and monitor her. It seems she vomits when she has cramps (apparently a side effect of the type of chemo) but they seem intent on managing the sickness rather than the cause, the cramps. 

Has anyone used CBD oil to alleviate symptoms, especially cramping? Anyone know of a reputable supplier (not online, a physical shop). it's terrible watching her bring everything up and wrenching

• Hello

My Linda had similar problems with extreme nausea and sickness. The district nurse and MacMillan gave her Metachlopromide injections, she had the tablets, but as she was being sick, she usually brought up what she had taken. I was taught how to administer the injections, never done anything like it before in my life, but as they go into the muscle, they are not as complicated. So I took over the metachlopromide injections, and kept a record, it did help Linda a lot. Had to make sure I had a good stock of syringes, ampules etc.

I am not a Doctor, so I am not giving advice, just saying what helped my Linda.

take care

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• Thank you. I think the anti sickness drugs make her nauseous and thr cramping is just part of the side effects of chemo. She's still in tonight and I'm hoping the pain eases tomorrow so she can come home.