New here

• 3 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but sadly not new to the cancer journey. My fiancé was diagnosed with stage 3 bowel cancer last July at 37. We have done chemo and radiotherapy. Had full elape surgery 12 weeks ago and are just about to finish cycle 1 of 8 cycles of further chemo. I've tried to just stay calm and get through it and just be strong and be there for everyone but this morning I'm feeling a little broken. Seems strange as this are going well fingers crossed but we have 5 children and full time jobs and I'm just exhausted. I'm so tired and angry at being on this journey,  I'm angry at work for making me be there instead of making memories at home with our children.  I'm terrified if I cut down my hours at work we won't be able to manage our outgoings, I'm just angry at the world. Haven't slept at all, all night because my brain is going at 300 miles an hour. Everyone always asks how we are doing and I always give the standard reply of "Yeah good, definitely getting there" which for me at the moment just isn't true. I suppose I don't want to make them uncomfortable by saying what I'm really feeling, whereas here it feels a little OK to say it anonymously. No real point to my post I'm just so angry and scared at the world right now and don't know what to do about it and didn't know where else to say it! 

• Good Morning , yes it’s a tough one to say my partner was diagnosed last May . O C not being able to drink is tough on the patient , carer and family around them. I know how you feel with working toBlushit’s exhausting and no doubt you’re not sleeping well too . Angry is an understatement why at so young people are getting cancer it seems more and more these days . You will find the strength you haBlush to for your family. I can say though please take breaks yourself I know it’s hard , but it’s essential for your well being. Remember you can’t pour from an empty cup .Blush

please take care and I wish you all the very best and hope you have brighter days  ahead xx 

• Sorry I don’t have any answers for you but just wanted you to know I feel the same! My husband has been recently diagnosed with rectal cancer and the last few weeks I thought I was doing great but an incident happened at work and I totally lost it. So much so that I’m taking a week off. I’m going from crying, guilt to anger! I took the dog for a walk today and simply don’t remember any of it! I just got to the front door and realised I’d been on a walk. I’m trying to keep a brave face for the kids too. I think I’m going to spend the next 12 months apologising to people for my behaviour. But you’re right. Everyone asks how you’re doing and I reply just fine, staying positive etc. when really I just want to scream at how awful this is and I can’t do a damn thing about it!!! 

• Hi there, this is a good site to get everything off your chest, rant and rave as much as you want. I am feeling angry also as my partner has kidney cancer and it's uncertain what the future holds. Take care.