Frustrated Husband and carer!

• 13 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi. I'm a 65 year old hubby of a 64 year old Stage 3 ovarian cancer patient. Until Feb our life was normal! Now surgery and chemo has turned our world upside down. I'd love a chat with others in same boat. Thank you

• Hello

what you have just said is exactly right, but it’s impossible to say it like that to the rest of the family, they would be very upset. But I have lost both parents and Father and Mother in laws, and although it was very tough and painful, it did not compare in the slightest to what I am going through now. The loss of a lifetime partner / Soulmate is totally devastating during a loving marriage or relationship, we get to know each other so well, we virtually become one person. I may not be explaining this well, but I feel I have been ripped apart at my soul, a future without our partner is unthinkable and unbearable,  but something we have to face the sense of loss and the love will never diminish, but will just get easier to manage IMO.

take care

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories

• You explain it perfectly well, we virtually do become one person, the loss of the intimacy, trust and mutual care we'd built up will be a gaping hole hard to fill, unthinkable and unbearable and right now I don't imagine it will get easier.

We had many interests in common and other divergent interests of our own. Neither of us. has a large circle of friends. and were actually happiest just to be together so I can't agree with those who say you're not alone, talking here is helpful but it doesn't, at least at the moment, change reality for me. 

• GMC,

Your words and thoughts sum it up perfectly!

WDJ