Hard day

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi all

Without going through things again that I have already posted ... today has been really hard.

My wife was admitted with dangerously high calcium levels and confusion on Monday.

She was due to start her chemo today but she is still in hospital and has been on a drip since being admitted.

Today she is more confused and weak, refusing to eat or drink and the spark in her eye that I love so much wasn't there, its like she is giving up without fighting.

They are doing constant blood tests and have now found that the a combination of dehydration and the calcium has damaged a kidney.

She is to weak to start chemo so at this moment things are not looking good, we haven't even got as far as having her cancer treatment plan put in date or a prognosis.

All I can do is visit when I'm allowed and hold her hand.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

It actually helps typing my thoughts out so thanks for taking the time to read this.

• That human touch I always feel is really important. Hope things pick up soon.

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Ratpacker

I can feel the pain you are going through and know that you are doing everything you can. You aren't alone. 

I read a quote a few weeks ago: there is nothing stronger than hope that doesn't give up. This has been helping me deal with my father's cancer journey and although there have been really hard times and we don't really know what will happen, I can hold onto our hope and just be there for him as much as we can. 

Hope things have improved for you both.