Recent diagnosis

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi All

This is my first post and I am writing as I feel that my world has fallen apart due to my husbands recent diagnosis.

He was told he had long covid and then covid for several weeks. After I called an ambulance he was taken to hospital and they found a tumour in his lung. He then became Ill with pneumonia. We were then told the tumour had grown and was terminal and has spread into his adrenal gland and lymph nodes.

literally every appointment has given us nothing but bad news. It’s so hard to come to terms with all of this as a few weeks ago he was working 12 hour shifts and doing a lot of activities. He’s now hardly able to do any activity due to his exhaustion and breathlessness. I’m finding things extremely difficult as I’m unable to cry in front of him but my heart is broken. We have 4 grown up children who are wonderful and I could not manage without them but I’m unable to find any happiness in anything and worry about what is to come for us. I can’t watch him suffer. This is all so cruel.

He’s 58 years old and has had one round of chemo. We’ve now been told that he has mets to the brain. It’s just so much to absorb.

take care all xxx

• I am so sorry to hear this, no words to describe what you are going through .

Sending you strength and love Ghaz

• Friendlygal,

I concur with what Ghaz has said; there are no words.

Be somewhat reassured that you, and your family, are far from alone in this terrible experience. It's a very difficult situation for you all and none of us, especially our loved ones, deserve this.

Try to take care of yourselves.

WDJ