Lonely, Lonely

• 2 replies
  • 45 subscribers

It's been almost a month now. I'm finding the evening hours particularly difficult at the moment. 

The realisation that I am on my own for the first time in nearly thirty years, without someone beside me, is hard to comprehend.

I'd be grateful to hear how others have dealt with this. I am trying to be busy during the day so that has occupied my mind. But the evenings? Trying to watch some TV is ok but I can't watch what we both did together. I've found some new things to watch but only think how much I feel 'she' would have enjoyed watching them too! Pensive

WDJ

• Hi

Sorry to hear about how you are feeling. My wife and son are still with me so slightly more difficult to relate - except for the times Janice was in hospital perhaps but even then I had my son to look after.

I can recognize some of what you say in regards of the death of my father though. Only fools and horses was one of his favourite programmes so it is difficult for me not to be reminded of him if I see an episode.

I am sure you will have already found our Bereaved family and friends forum who may have some really good ideas and experiences that will have helped them. I think a key thing to remember is there is no "right" way to grieve. I was really touched at a friends funeral recently when the celebrant said "grief is the price we pay for love".

<<hugs>>

Steve

Community Champion Badge

• Hello

i know exactly how you feel, I also watch something new and know Linda would have enjoyed it, she sometimes, played games on her phone, if it was a bit scary or violent. I still occasionally do something, take a photo etc. and think must tell Linda that, it’s only a fleeting moment, but always leaves me feeling sad, it’s as though part of my mind is living in the past and hasn’t caught up. I often have dreams of her, the first ones were sad, as when I spoke to her, I said you can’t be here, because you’re not here anymore, and she vanished. But more recently, this doesn’t happen anymore. The most recent one was that she was standing at the front door, waiting to greet me, with the most beautiful smile ever. Made me feel so good. I always write down my dreams of Linda in the diary on my phone, called dreams, then I can just search dreams, and relive them again.

take care of you, I’m near to tears again now, remembering.

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories