Is your partner on an alternative treatment path.

• 1 reply
  • 45 subscribers

My wife was diagnosed with Breast Cancer 3 years ago. Had chemo for 9 months and refused any further conventional treatment.

The breast is now physically damaged with oozing sores and an open wound. 

She is on a new protocol with an Integrative Doctor. She has 100%. faith with the new doctor and continues to work with her. Most of the time I am positive and to an extent I agree with looking after the whole body and boosting the immune system.

Mostly I agree as Oncologists only look at the cancer and don't treat the whole body - but I am scared.

I have terrible dark thoughts - what flowers should be on her coffin, what songs should be played at her funeral. And selfishly - how am I going to manage on my own?

Our life is Cancer, its changed our world.

I am exhausted as I work full time and become a carer in the evenings and weekends.

We have good friends who take her to appointments and I am learning to ask for help - which is hard.

Anyone else on the alternative route?

Are there any good news stories here?

All of this sadness is so hard and we fight - which I don't want to do. BC (before cancer) we could talk about everything with each other, now I walk on egg shells......

• Hello

its not an easy journey, my Wife was offered Denosunab injections, Linda’s two oncologist disagreed, one thought there would be no benefit, the other thought it was worth trying, the possible side effects, loss of jaw bone etc. were terrifying, Linda didn’t  accept the treatment at first, but then said she’d try it. Didn’t get any side effects, but didn’t really see any improvement, although she wasn’t on it long before she passed.

I realise it’s hard not to think about the funeral, but I don’t see these as dark thoughts, but wanting to do what’s best for your Wife. Cancer does change your world, forever. I don’t know how you could find out songs and flowers for your Wife’s funeral, my Linda had it all prepared, and kept with a good friend. I didn’t even know the details until she passed. Have you asked for any extra support ? Maybe phone macmillan, they can advise you.

0808 808 00 00 limes open 8-8 every day Or email https://www.macmillan.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/ask-macmillan-form.html

I know it’s tough, Linda and I often talked about holidays and days out we could do, that became an impossibility, which made conversation difficult. Perhaps talk about, special memories you share, even your wedding day.

thinking of you, sending you love and strength 

Sweat Linda You are my best memory, You are all of my best memories