personal Health Budget

• 1 reply
  • 44 subscribers

Hi 

First of all wishing a good week ahead to the whole community. 

I'm caring for my husband that has cancer. I do need some time for myself and I'm dealing with the Clinical Commission Group at the moment. I may be able to have a carer coming twice a week for 3 hours each time , so I can go out to relax  or I can get a Personal Health Budget in which I would have the money to book. manage carers coming to the house.  I'm not sure about the PHB. Although it may give me flexibility, How much funding I would get ? And if the money would be  would be enough. Is there somebody that is going through the same experience that could give me some advice. My husband and my needs will change along the time but all I want at the moment is to have somebody with him and go out knowing that he is safe. Many Thanks

Mrs V

• Hi Mrs V welcome to the forum. I'm not fully conversant with Personal Health budgets and your particular query, but I wonder if you felt able to give the Macmilllan Line  a call on 08088080000 and have a chat with one of the Welfare and Financial folks there. They will be more aware of the subject and may well be able to offer some further guidance for you re this.

gail

Community Champion Badge