And So, The End Is Near...........

• 18 replies
  • 50 subscribers

I have had the most awful day today. (sounds selfish I know) I have had to collect from the Pharmacy a bag of Medication for my wife to help her through her last few day/hours. End of Life drugs as the Doctor called them,and then had to wait for a Medication Driver to be bought by the Nurse along with a D.N.R. slip. Bloody Hell I'm Going To Miss Her and its all moving too fast!

• My heart is breaking for you. Your wife will feel your love surrounding her and help her find her peace. You have both known love and therefore have truly lived.  I am sending you love and peace. 

• Nmar1. Thank You. What wonderful words.

God Bless You

BILLYTHEDOG
  • Dear Billythedog.

I will be in your position in 9 months time, caring for my husband. We have just received the diagnosis.  Please accept my immense sympathy.  Grief is the flip side of love : the more you love, the more you grieve. And you won’t be nothing after the end of her journey. Heartfelt kind wishes .  X 

Just missing him : Grief is the flip side of love. 

• JSBach addict. Thank You for your words, how true they are. Just remember; Live for Today, yesterday has gone, Tomorrow is yet to come.

God Bless

BILLYTHEDOG
  • How are you today ? Thinking of you x 

• Hi JSBach, I'm taking every day step by step. It's the silence that breaks me and the opening of the door hoping to hear her call out. I have just registered the death, and it is all so real now it hurts.

Baby Steps eh?

God Bless You 

John

BILLYTHEDOG
  • Dear John, You must be exhausted, and so raw with the emptiness. I hope you have people with you to support you now. Maybe Granny Sue’s poem,(which I must find) or comfort yourself as best you can for now with whatever works for you: Or cry till the tears run dry, and sleep and start to recover, with those baby steps. Warmest e-love x

• JSBach, I have found great comfort and friendship from this support group. For 9 months I had to lie to my wife about her illness and now I don't. She is out of pain and suffering and we have set up a Face book page for her memory. That gives me great comfort also looking at pictures and comments from people who knew her. MMy 2 step sons have been great as well as the other family members. I have chose to be on my own but everyone is at the end of a phone so I can call anytime.

A member on this site, Johnty has been an Angel. She has guided me every step along the way and has listened to all my problems with this horrid illness and she is going through it herself. God Bless Her.

Thank you for your message. I take Great Comfort in talking to different people.

God Bless You 

John 

BILLYTHEDOG