Coping

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi my Dad has recently being diagnosed with secondary liver cancer. Basically only can offer him palliative care. Feeling very helpless and a loss what I can do or say really.  Also feeling under pressure and worried about supporting  my parents as I work full time  and have a teenage son. I know it might sound strange but I also cant cope with the fact I dont know when it's going to happen. ..... I feel like I'm on a knife edge 

• Hi Ester1 welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your news.

You shouldn't feel under pressure to do anything that you don't feel able to do and I'm sure your parents would not want you to do that either. It will be had for you I  understand that, we all want to do what we can to help but you can only do what they will allow you to do. I imagine that having been given this diagnosis various people will have been notified of this not least the GP and District Nurses.

its not surprising that you feel on a knife edge especially if you live some distance from them as this news will shake you all as a family and thats perfectly normal and ok to feel like that. The time will come but no one will be able to tell you when unfortunately but why not focus on spending some time with your dad enjoying his company and just telling him that you love him that may mean as much to him as anything you could do.

Its not an easy time for you at all and we will be here for you as much as we can, However, if you felt that you would like to talk with someone why not give the Macmillan Line a call on 08088080000.

Meantime Im sending some hugs your way for now. xxxx    

gail

Community Champion Badge

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to GRANNY59

Thsnkyou for your kind words, it means a lot x I think I'm just  a bit in shock and cant get my head round the fact its happening. I think you've given me some great advice and I'll try hard to follow it. I am going to ring helpline too xx  Thankyou again xxx