Poorly husband awaiting surgery

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 42 subscribers

My hubby very poorly awaiting colon surgery . Have there been others on here who were similar.

he looks so ill and is this how it should be ? I just don t know How he should be . Other patients don t seem to look like him I am so so worried x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi and welcome to carers only group and I am sorry to read that your husband is still poorly.

He has been through a lot in the last three weeks but from what I can remember it's a CT Scan this week this will give the medical team a very good picture of what they are looking for and this is will help them to know exactly what they are looking for and perform successful surgery this week also.

Other patients in the ward may not look like him simply because they've not been through the same as your husband having a drain in place to remove bile can't be very nice.

Have you spoken with your husband's medical team, preferably his consultant and explained your concerns. 

Hopefully by the weekend your husband will have had his surgery and you will start to see an improvement in him and you get to see a new man in him.

Wishing you both good luck with surgery especially to your husband and I look forward to seeing you doing a follow up post telling us of the improvements you are seeing in your husband and starting rebuilding your life.

Keep me informed and if you want a chat I'm usually always about.

Ian

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you Ian such kind words surgery hopefully will go ahead Thursday long operation x