My mom

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 42 subscribers
  1. Hello we was told my mom as liver cancer 5 weeks ago well they said there 95% sure
  2. and that's all we been told she can't have treatment and was sent home I phone her go and all he said get in touch with a hospice we don't no how life no she got she just the same as normal it's hard to believe she got cancer don't no what to do next 
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Johnny

Welcome to the online community and I am sorry to hear about your mother but thank you for reaching out to us at this time and can understand how worried you are especially as you do not appear to be receiving much information.

When a patient is discharged from a hospital they are put under the care of the GP who arranges follow up treatment and this includes hospice care. The following may be of help to you in finding away forward.

NHS Hospice Care - what it means

Please have a read at it and go back to your mother's GP and ask him to arrange ongoing care for your mother.

We have a very supportive Liver cancer forum Group that you may want to join and also Supporting someone with incurable cancer forum group.

I hope the above is of interest and your mum's GP arranges something soon.

Please keep in touch with the group members who will give your help, support and advice when you need it.

Ian

By clicking on any of the green text above will open up new pages for you.