Not easy

• 2 replies
  • 9 subscribers

Hi so I started chemo before Christmas and had two sessions it was suppose to be every two weeks but each time I ended up in hospital. The second time they described that I needed a hysterectomy due to excessive bleeding. 
so 3 months on I am back at my chemo doctor this week to possible carry on the chemo I have not done. 
I am scared about being so unwell again and I just can’t get the fear out of my head. 
I know I have to do this but why am I so ill with it ? 

• Hi  and sorry to hear about your journey.

Navigating the cancer journey can be such a stressful and challenging time but getting support from others who are dealing with the ‘exact same' cancer type can help a lot.

This part of the community is a general cancer discussion group but you may want to have a look through THIS LIST you will find all our dedicated cancer support groups listed.

These groups are safe places to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support from members who are navigating the exact same journey.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

It sounds like you've had a torrid time with chemo so it's not surprising that you're not looking forward to starting with it again.

As the online community is divided into different support forums the best way to connect with others who may be on the same chemo regime as you is to join one of the cancer specific forums. As you haven't said what type of cancer you're being treated for I can't give you a direct link but you could look through this list to choose the right one. Alternatively just let me know and I'll give you a link.

Once you've joined the forum you can start a new post in the same way as you did here and join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

It would be great if you could put something about your diagnosis and treatment to date into your profile as it really helps others when replying to you and also when looking for someone on a similar pathway. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"