Oesophagus cancer op not done due to tumour found in bowel

• 3 replies
  • 8 subscribers

hello just very down husband went in for op shark attack but he had a hernia as well so dont know what went wrong they found either a clot of blood in his bowel at the back of it so did not get a warning either though 2 camera up arse was done 2 down throat 1 through belly so he very angry refuses more chemo we no news yet what bio is as only just came round yesterday we all ready had 4 chemo for oesophagus and it had struck so he could have op all we know it was stuck round hernia tube so scared for what next , they removed henia and part of the mass of unknown we dont understand as he not had any trouble with bowel all through chemo or before SCARED OF WHAT NEXT IS NOT HELPING ME I CANT SLEEP EATING SEAMS PIONT LESS , HE IN HOSPITAL RECOVERING TO TO GOOD AS TEMP KEEPS UP AND BLOOD PRESURE KEEPS GOING DOWN BUT THEIR GOT HIM UP OUT OF BED JUST WORRIED  

• Hi  

I'm sorry to read that your husband's oesophageal cancer operation wasn't able to go ahead because of complications and I can understand why you'd both be so upset.

I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you also post this in the oesophageal cancer group, which I can see you've joined, as you'll then connect directly with other people who may have had a similar problem.

If you'd like to do this, clicking on the link I've created will take you straight there.

Sending you a virtual (((hug)))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• well we got told 6 months to live but be given a chance to have 6 more chemo at a lower doze with auto immune tablets for 2 years but when he had the normal chemo yes he would be rough for a week but fine the next but with this he sleeps most of time cold all he cold all the time eats really well ( had stent put in after op) they found a tumour in his lower bowel so big op out of reach oesophageal cancer stage 4 tumour was removed from bowel and stent was put in so he could eat, my thing is our life non exists any more i cant get him to go out any where but garden,dont know what i could do any more i know it sounds bad but im going mad work/ home i thought we would have a better type of life whille we fight this ,

• I'm sorry to read how tough things are for you both at the moment. 

Might it help you to chat to someone on the Macmillan Support Line? It's free to call on 0808 808 0000 and they're available every day from 8am to 8pm.

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"