Microcalcifications

• 2 replies
  • 16 subscribers

Hi there,

Im a 40 year old mother of 2 and found a breast lump at the beginning of June. Mammogram showed lots of them and all were benign but did find a cluster of microcalcifications in one breast. They did a magnified mammogram and then recalled me for a vacuum assisted biopsy. I’ve spoken to the breast nurse today who says they’re happy it not invasive but that the cells were abnormal (a 3 on the scale, if that means anything?!) and I need to go back and have another one.

she wouldn’t speculate on what it could mean (quite understandably!) but the whole thing feels like torture and that it’s been going on forever! 

I have a family history of cancer and so that’s in my mind and so am wondering if they might think it’s non-invasive and that why I’ve got to go back? Or what else it could be?

I'm obviously relieved there’s nothing invasive and feel very lucky, but still worried and wondering if anyone else has been through similar?

thank you x

• Hi  

I don't have the experience you're looking for but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

You might also want to post this in the main breast cancer forum, which I can see you've joined, as it's a much more active group than this one.

Wishing you all the best

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thank you so much - I really appreciate this.

I’ll post to the other group too.